Thursday, September 12, 2013

Read, Rate and Review!!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to write about the importance of reading, rating and reviewing! I'm very blessed to be able to say I have such wonderful friends and family who support me, so they've purchased my novels. That is so appreciated! I don't take it for granted, because buying my books are the first step... but if you want to help a sister out and really support my career to help me thrive, there's more you can do! You can read the book you bought! I know, I know, some of you are raising your eyebrows about that and wondering what I'm talking about but I've had several people say, "Brittany, I bought your book!" Then I say, "Wonderful! Thank you. Have you read it yet?" That's when they follow with, "Oh, no, no. I don't read. I hate to read! I just bought your book to help you out." Well... Thanks, that means a lot... but I still want you to go read my book! Nope, I'm not done asking for your help yet. So you buy my book, then you read it... What next? Possibly the most important step of all if you want to support my career in the "long run." Go to Amazon, find my books, and RATE AND REVIEW THEM! Whether you loved it, or hated it, or thought it was alright, or thought it was super exciting, or horribly boring, if you think it deserves 5+ stars or barely 1... just go rate and review it. I need that! I'm learning as I go and I'm nowhere near perfect or professional yet. I need your critiques! No, I won't get my feelings hurt for a bad review. I expect those and I know that even if I wrote the best book in the world, not everyone would love it. Your opinion on books is just that, an opinion! Which means that everyone has a different one. I need your ratings and reviews so I can take into consideration the points I can improve on or the encouragement you can provide me to keep writing. Besides, everyone measures "success" differently but Amazon measures success by rating and review. So, even though I can say, "I feel successful because I have two novels for sale on Amazon and I'm pursuing my dreams." That doesn't mean I'm successful in the eyes of Amazon, potential literary agents, traditional publishing companies or even random strangers who could become my fans by reading YOUR reviews and taking a chance. I appreciate everyone for purchasing my books. Each time I log on and see that I have new sales, I grin so big and get excited. That's because of you, but now I need you to go read that book, then rate and review it on Amazon, Goodreads, or wherever else might listen to you! Thank you all.

Xoxo,

Brittany Jo James

No comments:

Post a Comment