Thursday, August 22, 2013

About "At Least I'm Pretty"

Hello all,

I started writing At Least I'm Pretty in the fall of 2011, shortly after our family relocated to Tyndall AFB, in Panama City, Florida. This manuscript is the third that I wrote, but the first to actually be published. When you think of At Least I'm Pretty, along with many of my other novels, think Historical Romance meets Young Adult meets Christian Fiction. I know, I know, that's quite a mixture. Let me explain. If you took a Historical Romance novel and made it "age appropriate" for the Young Adult audience then added in a few hints of the edgy Christian Fiction world, you would have one of my novels. No Amish included, however. Understand? I'm sure I'll explain in a later blog why that genre is for me. Anyway, here's a summary of At Least I'm Pretty:

Prince Dimitrie seems to have tough luck waiting for him around every corner. His most recent problems, a dangerous clan of gypsies threatening his life and his father presenting an ultimatum that he must marry within thirty days or lose his crown to his vehement sister, completely exasperate the young man. However, things appear to turn around when he unexpectedly meets a beautiful and seemingly eligible bride in a neighboring village. The fascinating and mysterious young woman steals his heart but with his history of bad breaks he cannot help but wonder if the captivating beauty is too good to be true.

Emerald Baillie is growing weary in her ploy to intimidate the supercilious Prince of Moldavia into releasing her imprisoned brothers. The stunning Duchess of Little Egypt confidently leads her life as gypsy royalty but trying to guide a large group of wayward menaces and keep them out of trouble proves tiresome, even for the poised young woman. With all the pressure resting on her shoulders she panics more and more each day. Fortunately for Emerald, Prince Dimitrie unintentionally makes her search for revenge against him much easier. However, sticking to her mischievous plan by abandoning all emotion and guilt is not as simple when her heart becomes involved.


At Least I'm Pretty is available on Amazon, Kindle and Nook. Go buy it! Rate it! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment